Saturday, December 24, 2011
I always see these cute little Q & A's on other people's blogs and I think they're so fun to read. I came across this Christmas one and as I found myself answering it in my head as I was reading, so I decided to hop on that train...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, all the way. I rarely give gifts in bags (I first typed this bags in gifts...Christmas Eve nap necessary maybe?) Wrapping gifts went up a notch this year with crafting pom-poms and stamping (see a few posts below).
2. Real tree or Artificial? I think I may have a slight allergy to real, but definitely real.
3. When do you put up the tree? I don't have a tree, but for me no decorations of any sort before Thanksgiving. November 25--game on.
4. When do you take the tree down? Decorations down by the 1st ideally.
5. Do you like eggnog? Don't love it nor hate it. There's just something slightly off-setting to me when I pour something in the glass, and go to rinse it out and it leaves a film that only soap takes off. However, I am making an eggnog cake today.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My mom was (is) a great gift giver. Christmases were fun!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No! :( I do not have one yet (nor many decorations). That being said, starting with a clean-decorating slate is exciting for me, and I love getting to choose just what I want. I remember my family's generic nativity scene as a child (which my barbies would visit) and I know that I really want to find something a bit more meaningful for me. I would love to pick up a nativity scene from Israel or Africa, or this GORGEOUS scene made out of driftwood that is at a store downtown. But until it is 75% off, it won't be mine.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Male cousin and nephews; they are all teenage boys. That's all I have to say about that.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Roommate and my mother.10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing is coming to mind...blocked out maybe? I do remember one of the more shocking gifts as being an anatomically-correct boy baby doll when I was young.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf, and Love Actually. And How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Dr. Suess version, not the Jim Carry version. Yikes).
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I see something on sale. Or that's just right, so usually in the spring.
14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peppermint-Mochas from Starbucks. And only in the red cup. With half the chocolate. And non-fat milk. And no whip. And no foam. Yes, I'm that girl when ordering at Christmas time.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Depends.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night and O Come O Come Emmanuel.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Prancer, Comet, Cupid...Blitzen?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? This year: yesterday, when taking a trip to Trader Joes and Publix for a few ingredients and it turning into a 2.5 hour trip (which is usually a 30 minute trip).
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Classic.
Monday, December 19, 2011
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Sunday, November 27, 2011
There are not pictures of it (crafting is hard work!), but we also made handmade Christmas cards. Again, it was such a fun day!
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Thursday, August 25, 2011
After they had left for the day, their nerf-gun weaponry somehow found their way into our hands. Weird, no?
We coordinated our stealth wear, and went home to rest up.
The next morning Courtney came in with "the final word" a 12-loader nerf gun. We got our plan ready (entrance, attack, and exit plans). Then it was time. We snuck down...there was crawling to avoid detection...then GO.
See our stealth wear...
And then I accidentally shot boss-man in the face (side-note: having been shot a few times in the face, I can attest that it doesn't hurt [in my experience at least]. It just smarts for a second and mostly just surprises you!).
I already exhibit behavior that can be called "jumpy." That behavior is now amplified in that whenever I hear anything (door open, something fall) I'm jumping and getting ready to duck and cover.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
One morning this week I went into the copy room and I saw some new teachers in the room who were using the color copier for their black and white items. I kindly explained the copier differences, they warmly received it, and we all carried on. A couple hours later I see one of the same teachers back using the color copier for her black/white copies. I say, "oh, are those black and white copies?" To which I get a response of, "YES. But they are going on COLORED paper."
(silence; thoughts racing of "how do I not sound like a smart-*%& in respondingto this" and "really?!")
Finally, me, "color paper goes in both."
Then I ran to the other program assistant offices to share the story.