I definitely didn't think it was going to be a 6 hour + project (spread out over a couple days), or that I'd ever hate saw-teeth hangers so much (more on that below), but I'm done!
Bur first, let's talk about these saw-teeth things. And let's mention how I can be incredibly absent minded. While I was purchasing the frames from Ikea I didn't see any picture hangers on the back so I assumed, "oh! I better get some of those saw-tooth things." While running errand after errand to Hobby Lobby I finally had the presence of mind to pick up a few packages. One night I get home from work and set to finally start putting them into the frame. 30 minutes and a banged up frame and thumb later, I have one half-crap one done.
Moving on, gallery wall! My steps (mostly inspired by YoungHouseLove)...
- I cut out sheets of paper in the same size as the frame and marked where the hanger would go.
- I laid out on the floor how I wanted the layout to be.
- I taped the sheets of paper to the wall.
- Where I had marked the hangers I nailed the hangers in over the paper.
- I removed the sheets of paper (the elaborate "rip it off method).
- I hung the frames and fiddled with them a bit.
- And donesies!
And I'm in love! There are photos to add/change around, and I want to expand it down more/fill in some holes, but at this time I'm done done done!