I baked my first batch of cookies for the season today--oatmeal-pumpkin-chocolate chip. They're delicious. I won't tell you how much butter or sugar goes into these guys...and I reduce the amount called for.
Yard-sale-ing-running-Gap shift-painting for four hours.
I was going to take a picture of the ridiculous amount of white paint all over my hands from painting the baseboards, but I fell asleep. Sitting straight up.
In keeping with looking to other blogs for inspiration, there are some blogs that I follow where people document and talk about their outfit everyday. I was going to take a picture of myself, but that would have been me with my camera in hand in front of the bathroom mirror. The girls on those other blogs have a daily photo shoot done by their significant other. I chose instead to highlight a detail on my outfit. I really like this top. I didn't enjoy how long it took to steam each layer of those ruffles though.
My friend Sarah taught a class about how to coupon tonight. I learned a lot, and have already signed up for a lot of freebies and coupons.
So, on food blogs that I follow, there are always amazing pics of food to go along with the recipes. Back in the day (aka, a few months ago) I tried to get these sort of pictures with my former camera and failed horribly. Enter new camera. Hello, new pictures.
Below I highlighted how I make vegetable soup. I got a few ingredients wrong, but hey! That's the beauty of vegetable soup (or any soup, for that matter). Just make it with what you got on hand...
From L-R clockwise...
- Browning the ground sirloin (thanks, Publix super-sale!), garlic, onion, and drizzle of olive oil. Have to have LOTS of onion. And LOTS of garlic. Seriously. Or maybe I'm just addicted...
- Dicing up the potatoes.
- Secret ingredient. Or not so secret anymore. Real Simple featured this like two years ago and I've been hooked ever since. In a world where I had more time and funds I'd love to make my own vegetable stock, but this does great.
- Pepper. Necessary. Very necessary. But I may have had a slightly heavy hand with it in this batch. Oops.
- Cumin. It makes soups and stews so much better.
- Vegetable ingredients...diced tomatoes, carrots, french-style green beans (I HATE them in any other way), corn, and peas (I meant to grab lima beans or butter beans, but I was in a hurry). Barley should also be in this picture, but again, I was in a hurry and forgot to pick some up. I really like barley. You?
- - 4. The finished product. Tasty? Yes.
One of the stained windows at work. I love the lines in this picture.
I get home from work & running and I don't have a lot of time to get my pic. I decide I want to try to get some light shots. 40 shots later this is what I got. Lesson learned...I need a lighter, a sparkler...basically a better flame. A quick burning match didn't really cut it. I also need a tripod. I did learn a lot from this though, which is one of the purposes of this project.