Sunday, August 7, 2011

Early morning.

Last night I went to Publix at around 8:30 p.m. to get a couple of cake ingredients (I keep a stocked baking pantry, but definitely do not keep buttermilk in house). As I was checking out the cashier asked me, "do you know how to cook?" One, I was caught off-guard. I was already pretty exhausted (why? I do not know.). And I was going back through the (same) line again because I had walked out of the store without buttermilk (which was #1 on my list). And as I tried to sputter an answer, of "huh?" she said, "your cookbook in the cart, The Joy of Cooking." OH! Yes. I think I replied with an "oh yeah, I can...new recipe...thanks and bye." And then I fell asleep immediately after putting the eggs and buttermilk (ha!) into the refrigerator. So this morning I woke up at 5:30 to make said cake.

I finished the cake.
Made the frosting.
(Two new recipes, thanks Joy. All 1,000+ pages of you continue to make me happy).
Went to work (because I forgot to do two things on Friday. And I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to run in in gym shorts and a t-shirt. Of course EVERYONE would already be in).
Went to Target (and BTW, apparently they forgot to turn on the automatic door sensor because I cruised right into them).
And it's still before 10 a.m.
Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment