Thursday, February 28, 2013

this season's motto

When I look back through my old journals, I tend to see a theme for the season I was in.  My theme right now is "how bad do I want it?  The more I think I about it, the more I'm realizing that that is the guiding question behind the majority of my actions these days.

  • When I don't want to wake up to read and spend time with the Lord, "how bad do I want ___" that time?


  • When I want a sweet (or even my third apple of the day), "how bad do I want ___", to be a size smaller?


  • When I don't want to go the gym, "how bad do I want ___" to run this morning?


  • When I don't want to conquer the never decreasing pile of data entry on my desk, "how bad do I want ___" that pile to be filed?

The answer more often than not is yes, I do want to choose to spend time with the Lord, to be a (few) size smaller, to run, and to cross stuff off my to do list, etc.  I can have a list of "should do" each day, but when I'm onboard for wanting to, it's just so much more enjoyable.  That is probably a life lesson most have picked up on years ago, but one that I'm really enjoying walking in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment