On Wednesday night I went to Aldi and Publix, loaded up on some veggies, and went home to make THESOUP. There is a lot of soup in my future.
- 1 or 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
- 3 plus large green onions
- 1 large can of beef broth (no fat)
- 1 pkg. Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle)
- 1 bunch of celery
- 2 cans green beans
- 2 lbs. Carrots
- 2 Green Peppers
But, I didn't follow it exactly...
- Stewed tomatoes, ewww. I understand those to be the giant hunks of bad textured tomatoes. I put in a can of diced tomatoes instead.
- Green onions...I had yellow onions. Publix had yellow onions. We carried on.
- Beef broth...I used my Better than Bullion goup, which is the only bullion base I'll use. It has less sodium and fewer calories than canned/boxed broth.
- I did NOT put in the Lipton Soup mix--way to much sodium and processing.
- I hate celery.
- And green peppers would kill me.
And here we are on day one:
Any fruit (except bananas). Cantaloupes and watermelon are lower in calories than most other fruits. Eat only soup and fruit today.
Each day I'm going to be reporting on:
my weight | what i ate | my hunger level | my mood | miscellaneous
This morning I weighed myself (haha, not putting that # on the WWW. I'll just let you know what direction the scale moved). But I know where I'm starting.
what I ate
- I woke up and had cantaloupe and black coffee (I have black coffee, 6 cups worth, every morning), and when I got to work I had a bowl of the soup. It took me about 30 minutes to finish it. Hot veggies just aren't my thing at 9 a.m.
- For lunch I had more soup and more cantaloupe.
- For a snack in the afternoon I had a cup of hot tea (green tea with pomegranate) and an apple (obvi).
- For dinner I had soup, cantaloupe (Yes, I did eat an entire cantaloupe and a half today), and half a grapefruit.
- I'm planning on having another apple after hitting "publish."
- and water. I've had TONS of water today.
my hunger level
Fine. Not content, but I know I'm "full." I don't think that I eat a lot of carbs or sugar most of the time, but this afternoon I had a pounding headache, which went away after some more cantaloupe and tea.
I'd consider it normal. I slumped while at Target today, but that's about it. And, photos on instagram or blogs of tasty food (noticeably things with carbs) made me a bit grumpy this evening.
- The prep time is surprising me. Tonight I had to spend time cooking my veggies for tomorrow. It didn't take a lot of time, but just more time than usual in the kitchen.
- When I was first talking about this diet, someone I support at work goes, "oh great, now you'll both be grumpy." Haha! But because of that alone I'm working HARD to not be grumpy.
- And, later when I was sharing about it with someone else he goes, "you know, I don't really get excited when I hear about diets where I loose a lot of weight quickly" and another friend goes, "it's because you're not a woman."
Time for my apple!
Endnote--I'm realistic. I know if I cut out carbs for 7 days, that I'll gain back any lost weight quickly once I start eating them again. I'm using this to help make myself slow down exercise wise for a period, detox a bit, and get cleaned up from sugar.