Thursday, February 14, 2013

1/7.

At work this week a friend shared about a new diet she was doing, called "the sacred heart diet."  If you didn't want to follow the link, it's basically no sugar, no carbs, no dairy, and no meat for a few days, then meat again near the end.  When I looked at what she was eating it looked a lot like my regular diet.  What sold me was when she said it's a good diet if you're plateauing on weight loss, because it gets you going again.  So, I was game.  And pretty excited.  And the clincher was that I am house sitting at a home where I can't really exercise/run, and since you can't really run when you're doing this diet, the timing was good.

On Wednesday night I went to Aldi and Publix, loaded up on some veggies, and went home to make THESOUP.  There is a lot of soup in my future.




SOUP:
  • 1 or 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
  • 3 plus large green onions
  • 1 large can of beef broth (no fat)
  • 1 pkg. Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle)
  • 1 bunch of celery
  • 2 cans green beans
  • 2 lbs. Carrots
  • 2 Green Peppers

But, I didn't follow it exactly...

  • Stewed tomatoes, ewww.  I understand those to be the giant hunks of bad textured tomatoes.  I put in a can of diced tomatoes instead.  
  • Green onions...I had yellow onions.  Publix had yellow onions.  We carried on.  
  • Beef broth...I used my Better than Bullion goup, which is the only bullion base I'll use.  It has less sodium and fewer calories than canned/boxed broth.  
  • I did NOT put in the Lipton Soup mix--way to much sodium and processing.  
  • I hate celery.  
  • And green peppers would kill me.  
So I added:

  • Cabbage
  • Spinach

And here we are on day one:
Any fruit (except bananas). Cantaloupes and watermelon are lower in calories than most other fruits. Eat only soup and fruit today.

Each day I'm going to be reporting on:
my weight | what i ate | my hunger level | my mood | miscellaneous

my weight
This morning I weighed myself (haha, not putting that # on the WWW.  I'll just let you know what direction the scale moved).  But I know where I'm starting.

what I ate

  • I woke up and had cantaloupe and black coffee (I have black coffee, 6 cups worth, every morning), and when I got to work I had a bowl of the soup.  It took me about 30 minutes to finish it.  Hot veggies just aren't my thing at 9 a.m.  
  • For lunch I had more soup and more cantaloupe.  
  • For a snack in the afternoon I had a cup of hot tea (green tea with pomegranate) and an apple (obvi).  
  • For dinner I had soup, cantaloupe (Yes, I did eat an entire cantaloupe and a half today), and half a grapefruit.  
  • I'm planning on having another apple after hitting "publish."
  • and water.  I've had TONS of water today.

my hunger level
Fine.  Not content, but I know I'm "full."  I don't think that I eat a lot of carbs or sugar most of the time, but this afternoon I had a pounding headache, which went away after some more cantaloupe and tea.

my mood
I'd consider it normal.  I slumped while at Target today, but that's about it.  And, photos on instagram or blogs of tasty food (noticeably things with carbs) made me a bit grumpy this evening.

miscellaneous

  • The prep time is surprising me.  Tonight I had to spend time cooking my veggies for tomorrow.  It didn't take a lot of time, but just more time than usual in the kitchen.  
  • When I was first talking about this diet, someone I support at work goes, "oh great, now you'll both be grumpy."  Haha!  But because of that alone I'm working HARD to not be grumpy.
  • And, later when I was sharing about it with someone else he goes, "you know, I don't really get excited when I hear about diets where I loose a lot of weight quickly" and another friend goes, "it's because you're not a woman."

Time for my apple!

Endnote--I'm realistic.  I know if I cut out carbs for 7 days, that I'll gain back any lost weight quickly once I start eating them again.  I'm using this to help make myself slow down exercise wise for a period, detox a bit, and get cleaned up from sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment