Wednesday, February 6, 2013

fashion week, edition 1 | days 2 & 3


tuesday

I've been trying something new with my hair when I wear it straight--no flat ironing, just round brushing.  It's a good deal fluffier when I do that, but I can handle it.  Did you know in high school I used to dye my hair blonde?  It was horrible (hind-sight).


outfit:
Dress--LOFT via Suska clearance rack | Belt, Gap (circa 2009?) | Necklace, Banana Republic Outlet | Tights, Target | Boots, Clarks


So the hole in my tights can be seen...I wore this on Saturday to a tea that I organized and when I was setting up I got caught on a door.  I need to add gray tights to my shopping list--I forget how versatile they are until I wear them and love them anew.

wednesday

details--

Everything special about this outfit was from behind.  The ballerina updo, the buttons on my shirt, the exposed zipper on my skirt...a little too much attention behind me, I thinks.  The earrings were a gift from my dear cousin for my birthday this year, and my necklace was a birthday present from last year.


Fashion blogger pose!  Look down!  Look bored!


outfit:
Top, Gap (2010?) | Skirt, Banana Republic Clearance Rack | Tights, J.Crew | Booties, Clarks (where almost ALL my shoes come from)

So, those J.Crew tights.  Last year I went to J.Crew and they had these tights marked down from $25 to around $5, and I had another percentage off so I grabbed them.  I would never pay $25 for tights, but y'all.  These are something else.  I guess part of there $25 price tag is that they are from Italy, better materials, etc.  I put them on for the first time and went, "oh hey there."  The difference between them and my dear Target stand-bys is SO noticeable!  Makes me want to run over to J.Crew this weekend to see if there are any marked down from this season.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh...you shouldn't have told me about the fancy tights. I don't need to know about what I don't have. Bummer dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Diana! You look great! The hair, the clothes, the accessories, the bod...you are WORKING it!! :)

    ReplyDelete