Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 29


It's good to be home. Technically I got back to Athens on Thursday afternoon, but the day was kind of a blur between meetings, getting brake pads, and feeling so tired. Friday, I was on a quest to get back on my "routine"--work, gym, and of course, cook. I made a variation of Mary's vegetable soup and it is definitely one of my favorite things I've ever made. I really enjoyed making vegetable soup because I hate canned vegetable soups and almost anyone else's (except for Mary's, who inspired me to make this). The reason why being, that while vegetables are one of my favorite things, I'm really particular about how they are prepared. Tomatoes...one of my faves raw, one of my hates when cooked. DZ vegetable soup solution...puree the can of tomatoes. Check. Green beans...have hated for years (texture issue). Solution...french cut. Flavor plus no horrible texture. Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment