Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 45

This week I choose to embrace a theme for my pic of the day, and it definitely made the project more fun. This week's theme: ROY G. BIV. This theme reminded me of a book that I want to read/finish. I started reading it this summer and thought that it was incredibly interesting--Color: A Natural History of the Palette by Victoria Finlay. It covers how colors are/were made, the history behind them, et cetera, and is organized by one color per chapter. I got through one color before I had to leave it behind, and I definitely want to find a copy so I can work on it some more.

Sunday obviously started off with...RED.


Sunday was also Valentine's Day, a day filled with a plethora of red items. So why go with the red panic button on my car keys? Was I in a panic about my current dating situation, or lack thereof (NO). Feeling cynical on Valentine's Day (Again, NO. I actually find the day to be pretty cute.) But rather, when I made the decision to embrace this theme I was walking from my car to the front door and I thought, "I need to go hunt for red", and I looked down and there was red in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment