Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 54 & Day 55, or why I hate photographing food.

54.
Kinda fell off the blog front for a while, and nearly off the pic-a-day effort too. My kitchen theme of last week demonstrated the extent to which good lighting and different cameras are needed to get GOOD food shots. I was frustrated with nearly every pic I tried to take. Black coffee didn't look deep when I took a pic...it looked like shiny-pavement or tar. Pics of smoothies looked like something I never wanted to drink again. This pic is of my two morning beverages of choice--good coffee (the quality of coffee makes a HUGE difference when you drink it black) & a smoothie (frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, OJ & yogurt. No more, no less).

55.

The brownie pie that I made for my small group and to give out as thank yous photographed slightly better than my beverage picture. This was one of my favorite things that I've baked in a long time. It just came out really, really well. Texture, taste, appeal...all A+'s. Thanks, Betty Crocker cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment