I went into the appointment anticipating hearing something lame like "heat rash." What I wasn't anticipating--SHINGLES. He had to tell me twice because I didn't follow the first time.
So, here I am. 27 with shingles.
In case you're curious:
- I am way, way more tired than usual in the afternoons.
- I've had an on-again/off-again fever for a couple days.
- Stomach cramps.
- Headache that comes and goes.
- Rash (obvi).
And if you're even more curious, the treatment is:
- Topical steroid cream
- Cold compresses
I asked the obvious question, "what caused them?" and the response was, "are you under more stress?" I don't think so, but maybe I should engage in more de-stressing activities like...
- Iced coffee runs
- List making
- Crossing things off of said lists
- Painting my nails red
- Fashion blogging
- A long run in the morning (Dr. Google said to exercise if it makes you less stressed, done & done).
- Fun weekends
Good thing all of those are on the horizon!