Saturday, August 4, 2012

breaking out of the blog fog

While trying to find some inspiration to break out of my most recent blog fog, I clicked on a list last night called "50 things to blog about when you don't know what to blog about," or something like that.  Most were completely unhelpful (it was primarily geared for authors who publish, not ladies who write about their weekends and decorating exploits), but one caught my eye "how you deal with stress."  I can blog about that!  Especially since I feel like July was somehow a slow-cooker of stress that I didn't really acknowledge till all was said and done and I finally relaxed a bit.  My favorite dealing strategies...

1.  Ice-dream.
"Why eat your emotions?"  Because it's less than 150 calories and a small is $1.66.  Could be worse...

2.  Clean & organize
After my grandmother died last year, I went home from work and thoroughly organized, deep cleaned & decorated the pantry, and magic-erasered almost every wall in the house.
My roommate moved out this summer, I built a gallery wall and redid my closet.
...to each her own.

3.  Run
If I can get my brain to shut off, runs while stressing are the best ever.

4.  Abandon and Abide
This came out yesterday from A Holy Experience, and it's so good:

Abandon the worries… and Abide in the Word.
Abandon the fears… and Abide in the Father.
Abandon the hurts… and Abide in His heart.
Abandon the cares… because Christ will never abandon you.

No comments:

Post a Comment