Thursday, May 20, 2010

my happy place

My happy place is the ocean. And one of my happiest places is Charleston, South Carolina. I love it, and I was so blessed to have the opportunity to go for a couple of days, and at a time I really needed a rest. I'm already longing to visit again soon!

131.
Window-reflection pic from downtown Charleston. Inspiration from my friend Katie, who has some awesome shots using reflections.

130.
Monday morning Rebecca and I took to the water in ocean kayaks (pics on FB of that)! For five hours. Seriously. We thought we were going to ride the tide out and back in...not so much. We got out quite quickly; getting in was a bit harder (understatement). We fought the tide and wind for a few hours to get home, but we made it. And, it was so much fun (give or take a minor melt down at points)! After surviving our trek in Charleston harbor, we went to the beach to (try-to) fly a kite. It was pretty windy, and my camera ended up eating some sand (no good). The kite didn't flutter to the ground, no-no, it nose-dived to the ground. Repeatedly. It did get up in the air though!

129.
In true fashion, I didn't sleep that much before leaving for Charleston. And by not much I mean I slept for two hours before it was time to go. Fortunately I didn't have to do any driving, but I couldn't sleep either. However, upon arriving at the beach, I laid down and didn't move for about three hours. I never nap during the day, but at the beach I definitely made an exception. This was the view I saw upon opening my eyes, and reaching for the camera. Happy place.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love that reflection photo. :) I'm actually getting a few of mine printed really large to sell (hopefully) at the craft fair this weekend. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- I'm glad you were able to go to Charleston for a few days! Hopefully we'll be able to meet up there together sometime. So how's the job search going? Find any neat possibilities on a cruise ship?

    ReplyDelete