Saturday, September 20, 2014

No cable, no internet, no radio, no problem.

For most of the summer I did not have working internet at homet.  Also at home I've never had cable.  I don't have a radio, so I don't have anyway of having access to the outside world, with the exception of my phone (which if I didn't have that, I acknowledge I would have a problem, but that is neither here nor there). I also had a lot of open time this summer.

In May I learned that you can access your library account online and reserve books, and then they'll pull them off the shelf for you, email you when they are on said shelf (approximately), and all you have to do is go in, get the book, and carry on.

Commence operation READALLTHEBOOKS.

Fellow bloggers, a big THANK YOU to posting a list of books you've read and your thoughts on them!  Fellow instagrammers, thank you for posting what you're reading!  Pinners, I adore your pin boards of books.  My MO is I read/look at what you've posted, open up my Pine's account, and "hold away!"  Occasionally I do get a little out of control, and in that case I pin your selections to my pin book board, for me to read later.

This summer I read:
  • This is Where I Leave You, Jonathan Trooper
  • The Rosie Project, Graeeme Simsion
  • Tractor Wheels and High Heels, Ree Drummond
  • His Needs, Her Needs
  • The Perfume Collector
  • The House Girl
  • The Program
  • The Invention of Wings, Sue Monk Kid
  • Bossy Pants, Tina Fey
  • Colors of Africa, Jim Kilgo
  • The Fault In Our Stars
  • Upstairs at the White House | My Life with the First Ladies, J.B. West
  • The Husband’s Secret, Liane Moriarty
  • Crazy Rich Asians, Kevin Kwan
  • Kabul Beauty School, Deborah Rodrigues
  • Bridge to Haven, Francie Rivers
  • Where’d You go, Bernadette, Maria Simple
  • The Goldfinch, Donna Tartt
  • The Engagements, J. Courtney Sullivan
  • Daring Greatly
  • Call the Midwife, Jennifer Worth
  • Three Wishes, Liane Moriarty
  • The Storied Life of A.J. Firky, Gabrielle Zevin



1 comment:

  1. Wait! I didn't know you read The Husband's Secret!! Did you like it? I still haven't read it!

    ReplyDelete