Wednesday, August 28, 2013

midweek confessions | august 28

Linking up with
E myself and I
for Midweek Confessions:

 I have only fallen asleep in my bed one night out of about the past ten.  Why?  Because I've apparently developed narcolepsy.  As soon as I sit down in the evening I fall asleep with NO preamble.  No drifting off, no fighting sleep.  Or if I do have to fight, I give in pretty fast.  Most nights I wake up between 2-4 a.m.  Tonight was the best, since I fell asleep around 6:30 p.m. sitting sideways in a chair.

At church on Sunday I was taking notes during announcements and after one announcement about a meeting at 7:30 I turned to my friend and said, "do you think that was a.m. or p.m.?"  *It was definitely p.m.

I just went to upload pictures from my camera and came across 3 batches of photos people asked me to take that I had forgotten about.

Last week I made my pound of okra from the farmer's market roasted in the oven.  It was also the first (and last) time I ate about a pound of okra in one sitting.  It was amazing.  And I'm sad if I don't get to a farmers stand on Saturday to pick up some okra.

I received a number of butternut squash from work that I have had full intentions of roasting and freezing.  They have been on my counter for almost 3 weeks now.

Speaking of delayed goals, I'm still not done with the detail work of getting settled living alone.  I wish I could say it was for an exciting reason, but see confession #1, which is why my new clean bed shams and duvet covers are still sitting unstuffed on the partially made guest-room bed.

2 comments:

  1. Good...then when you get to my house, you'll feel right at home with the month-old butternut squashes on the table. Feel free to get ambitious with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from E's blog! Mmm okra is so yummy fried. Blanche the butternut squash before it goes bad! I have summer squash an zucchini I need to eat too :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete