Monday, June 3, 2013

my make-up routine.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE reading about what products other people use.  One, I'm nosy, but I know I'm way more inclined to use something if I have friends who have used it (imitation is the best form of flattery), and I like getting ideas from them.  So here's how I currently am taking care of my face:

clean-up & moisturize & prep

I usually troll make-up blogs or the isle at Target to see what to get/is on sale when needing a face wash.  I've discovered the face wash above recently and am liking it a lot, but I think I need something more exfoliating.  (Well, I say that, but I have super-sensitive skin to random things and the last exfoliator made me get a rash and then breakout.  Fun!)  I am a huge fan of the Neutrogena moisturizer--solid SPF (I wore it in Nassau last year as my sunscreen and it worked really well) and it is supposed to help with wrinkles.  I haven't noticed mine getting worse or better, so I'm going to keep on keeping with it.  I was sold on the primer at Sephora, and think that it does keep my makeup on far better with, than without.

makeup
I'm in with both feet in the Bare Minerals camp.  And seriously, be good at washing your brushes in you're in the Bare Minerals group.  It feels night and day different to use clean brushes as opposed to ones that haven't been washed in a couple months while.

eyes
Totally sold on the Naked palette.  I've used the same eyeliner for years, and have consistently heard that the mascara you use doesn't make a huge difference.  This was on sale at Target a few months back  in a double pack and I like it a lot.  What I do find makes a huge difference with mascara is the use of the eyelash curler. I felt obnoxious the first time I used mine.

lips
This is what I don't do great on.  I'm usually running out the door and forget to put on lipstick, am not consistent, et cetera.  However, this lip balm is perfect--subtle color and I can put it on in a hurry without looking like a clown.  For heavier products I've always been a fan of Clinique lip colors.  They last well, and I don't seem to have a lot of trouble finding a natural looking one for my skin tone.

So that's what currently goes on my face!

1 comment:

  1. OK maybe my June resolution should be to clean my Bare Mineral brushes...which I've had for well over a year and never cleaned...yesssss.

    ReplyDelete