Lunch: Leftover skinny dirty rice
*The dirty rice was super tasty. I had a heavy hand with cayenne and also used Tony's seasoning for some heat (bell peppers = death for me), added corn, and made a tomato gravy base that I mixed everything in.
Dinner: Southwestern Chicken Soup
I don't think I've posted the recipe, but this is a staple! It is a bit different every time, but basically:
- Prepare, *season, and shred chicken breasts
- While the above is going on, cook garlic and onions. Season these as well.
- Add chicken and more chicken broth
- Add a can each of (rinsed well) black beans and kidney beans, and add frozen corn
- Simmer for a good long while
- Serve with chips or cornbread, and shredded cheddar. Sour cream also works.
Lunch: Kale salad (shredded carrots and kale with roasted chickpeas and broccoli tossed in a lemon-basalmic dressing), yogurt, and an apple
Dinner: Baslamic chicken with walnuts (Cooking Light recipe), cibatta rolls, roasted brussel sprouts, spinach salad with strawberries
Lunch: Kale Salad
Dinner: Leftover soup or chicken
Lunch: Kale salad
All meals TBD