Saturday, December 7, 2013

On turning 28.

28.  What a fun number.  I mean, don't get me wrong, 27 is awesome, divisible by 3 and 9 and all.  But 28?  That just sounds pretty.  And it's a number I turned recently.

I thought about posting a post like "28 thoughts on turning 28", but I really don't think I have 28 thoughts in my head most days.  Wait, that's a lie.  I do have 28 thoughts in my head.  There are usually just 28 thoughts I'm not interested in sharing, and 28 thoughts I can promise you don't want to read about.

Anyways, I disgres.  I do want to share about the actual day of turning 28.  It was fabulous.

It started with a run.  A very cold, 9+ mile run:
This run made me set the rule that if it's below 32, I won't run outside.
During this run, at around mile 4 I said to my running companion, "I just want to lie down and sleep" to which I was told was the first sign of hypothermia.  We ran faster after that incident.

Anyways, after I de-thawed, I wore my new birthday dress,
I tried on this dress at Lenox, thought about it for about a week, and ordered it.  And it's magical.  Thanks, Banana Republic.

Worked, and had a delicious and thoughtful broccoli-themed celebration,

before a fun dinner out.

In proper fashion, I "bracketed" this birthday out by celebrating for days afterwards with people incredibly important to me.
It's my birthday, and I can eat only the frosting if I want to.

Yay for 28!

No comments:

Post a Comment