Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WIWW | February 27

pleated poppy

 I'm linking up with the The Pleated Poppy today.  It's not a secret, but I have a lot of fun getting dressed and being a girl.  This morning I couldn't remember the last time I wore pants to work as I was frantically searching for tights.  Carrying on, here's what I wore...and please pardon the poor iPhone photos.  I feel awkward asking for my picture to be taken, and I'm in pjs by the time my roommate gets home.

monday

Dress | Entourage * Necklace | Entourage * Tights | Target * Flats | Clarks (really old)

tuesday

Dress | Encore * Necklace | Birthday present * Cardigan | Gap (few seasons ago) * Boots | Clarks

You can't tell from the photo, but this dress is animal print.  I haven't had animal print in my wardrobe since I was a child (80s baby).  It is twirly and I love it.  This photo was taken the latest I stay up all week (Tuesday night because of school group).  What you're really missing is just how high my beak hair was, and the impressive bags under my eyes.


wednesday

 Blouse | Banana Republic (college days) * Skirt | J.Crew outlet (one of my best sales ever!)

So, the hair.  It's Duggar-level long.  Tuesday was bad (hence the beak-head).  Today I tried some inspiration from Kate at The Small Things Blog about pinning just the top level...it wasn't too bad.  I have a new staple till I get it cut, I think.

Post Script
Trying to get the hair picture was the biggest comedy of errors.  Keeping it real, I haven't cleaned my bathroom mirror in a couple weeks because I haven't been home in a couple weeks.  I was trying to keep out of the way of the smudges, but kept cutting my hair out of the picture.

5 comments:

  1. Haa I have the same problems with mirror pictures. I suppose I could clean a mirror? But no, that would never work. Much easier to keep working around the smudges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the thought too that I could just clean the mirror, but I definitely thought it was easier ot avoid the smudges.

      Delete
  2. Love your cute skirts and dresses!

    ReplyDelete